The primary function of this position is to value design projects with the aim of total customer satisfaction and project profitability. Review equipment application, project specifications, equipment compatibility and code compliance. Make recommendations and price out alternatives. Work as a bridge between sales and service to communicate project scope, initially through the submittal process and project hand offs, then through out the project by fielding questions pertaining systems design or application by field technicians and electrical contractors. Participate in submittal process, supply scope of work, battery calculations, voltage drops and identify net listings, as required. Work in tandem with CAD and the Project Manager to ensure timely submittal turn around. Coordinate and support sales representatives when needed.
- The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of fire alarm systems, both conventional and addressable, along with NFPA72 and NYC codes.
- Must be computer literate, specifically working with Windows.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both orally and in writing.
- NICET certification is desired, but not mandatory to start.
- AutoCAD drafting is desired, but not mandatory to start.
Only applicants that possess these qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening. Firecom offers compensation commensurate with experience and a benefits program, including medical coverage.
Entry Level Apprentice Draftsperson
Review riser drawings and prepare device counts for Applications Engineers. Prepare fire alarm design drawings for submittal and equipment and submittals. Create riser drawings for field application. Check accuracy of own work. Perform other related duties as necessary.
The goal is to become a fully trained and certified Draftsperson. Firecom offers training with experienced drafting and engineering staff. Goals will be set after a 30-day discovery period. A written review after 6 months, performance reviews yearly.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Associates Degree in CAD a plus
- Proficient at all basic computer skills, including MS Word and MS Excel
- A knowledge in electronics a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills needed
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening. Firecom offers compensation commensurate with experience and a benefits program, including medical coverage.