The primary function of this position is to value design projects with the aim of total customer satisfaction and project profitability. Review equipment application, project specifications, equipment compatibility and code compliance. Make recommendations and price out alternatives. Work as a bridge between sales and service to communicate project scope, initially through the submittal process and project hand offs, then through out the project by fielding questions pertaining systems design or application by field technicians and electrical contractors. Participate in submittal process, supply scope of work, battery calculations, voltage drops and identify net listings, as required. Work in tandem with CAD and the Project Manager to ensure timely submittal turn around. Coordinate and support sales representatives when needed.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of fire alarm systems, both conventional and addressable, along with NFPA72 and NYC codes.
Must be computer literate, specifically working with Windows.
Must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both orally and in writing.
NICET certification is desired, but not mandatory to start.
AutoCAD drafting is desired, but not mandatory to start.
Only applicants that possess these qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening. Firecom offers compensation commensurate with experience and a benefits program, including medical coverage.
Architectural Drafter needed with a minimum of Bachelors degree or Foreign Equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Architecture or Electrical & Computer Engineering to perform the following job duties:
- Resource allocation, man-hours estimation, monitoring plan and progress of the
- Review of contract drawings, HVAC drawings, Plumbing drawing documents and. specifications.
- Preparing cut sheets of initiating devices, notification appliances, and fire alarm control panel for submittals to the customer, contractor, and sub-contractor.
- Develop risers, floor plans, fire alarm shop drawings, wiring diagrams, bill of material for submittal and installation.
- Data entry and logic programing based on sequence of operation in Firecom fire alarm system software.
- Coordination with Electrical contractors, General contractors, Engineering Company, and Client for necessary inputs. Using AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office software, prepare engineering drawings including 3D drawings, Schematic and arrangement drawings and related documents in accordance with requirements, established formats and genera instructions.
- Review and analyze a variety of engineering data, documents and reports.
- By using ASHRAE and NFPA-72 codes and consult with other designers and. engineers to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application, and recommend revisions as appropriate.
- Field visit for verification of existing field condition and for the finished job.
- Create As-built; Filing CAD drawings for inspection.
FIRE ALARM TECHNICIANS
5 YEAR APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
1. Formal Electronic Training;
a. Trade School
b. College Course
c. Military Training
2. Basic knowledge and use of Digital Multi-Meters and Oscilloscope.
3. Basic knowledge of hand tool use.
4. Basic Knowledge of D.C. and A.C. Wiring;
a. Able to troubleshoot and repair open, grounded and hi resistance circuits.
6. Good communication skills.
7. Good computer skills.
8. Problem-solving skills
9. Able to read wring diagrams
10. Able to read blueprints.
11. Drivers license
1. All the above plus;
2. 1 year or more experience in the fire alarm industry.
3. Advanced knowledge of NFPA, local codes and requirements.
4. Advanced Multi-Meter and Oscilloscope skills.
5. Advanced problem solving skills.
6. Advanced Troubleshooting skills.
7. Advanced reading wiring diagrams skills.
8. Advanced reading blue prints skills.
9. Major Manufacture’s fire alarm system certifications.
10. NICET certification.
11. OSHA certification.
12. New York City Fire Department Certificate of Fitness (S78 or S98 only).
13. Fire alarm references.